- Happisburgh Lighthouse
- St Mary's Church
- Parish Council
- Coastal Concern Action Group
- Village Hall
- Church Rooms
- Play Space
- Coast Watch
- Time & Tide Bell
- Village Trail
Taken from an exhibition in the Chruch by Mary Trett.
Stand outside, under the tower of Happisburgh church, and gaze around. What do you see? Either the sea, or countryside and fields. Beyond the cluster of dwellings and gardens which make up the centre of the village, stretches land which has been cultivated and cropped for centuries. Fields, separated by hedges and narrow roads, and dotted here and there with trees, are home to our insects, birds and small mammals.
Arthur Young, in his work entitled 'General View of the Architecture of the County of Norfolk', which was drawn up for the consideration of the Board of Agriculture and published in 1804, thought that Happisburgh, Walcott and Bacton had 'the finest soil', perhaps, in the county: a rich, deep mellow, friable loam. on a clay loam bottom, some on brick-earth and sand; all good'.
FARMS in this area generally varied in size between 50 and 300 acres, but the majority of the villagers kept a few pigs, poultry and perhaps a cow; and grew fodder for their livestock.
In 1800, land near Happisburgh was selling at £30 or £40 an acre, but the best in the village made £50.